A+W•NZ: DIVERSE PRACTICEBack
The Wellington exhibition 'Diverse Practice' is based on a response to a survey that asked 7 questions about practice.
The text from the survey for the exhibition has been curated by Jan Smitheram and Kerstin Thompson, with design and typography by Catherine Griffiths in collaboration with Kerstin Thompson. You can view Catherine's album on the Studio Catherine Griffiths page, and showing the process of creating the exhibition here. Finished exhibition images by Paul McCredie to be posted soon. Analysis of survey results to come.
The exhibition runs from 8-11 October 2013 at VUW.
Lower North Island* Architectural Practice Survey
1. What do you do?
2. How did you get to this position? Is it where you expected to be when you embarked in a career in architecture?
3. Where would you like to be in the future?
4. If you could share one insight about architecture with a graduate entering the profession what would it be?
5. What do you think the future of architectural practice is/should be?
6. How do you manage a work/life balance?
1. The definition of Lower North Island takes in the 'Western', 'Gisborne / Hawkes Bay', and 'Wellington' Branch Regions. (Map below)
2. that the questions in this survey were developed from Tania Davidge, Elycia de Guia, Anna Jeffery, Bernadette Wilson and Justine Clark's questionnaire prepared for a survey for architects working in Victoria.
3. Human Ethics Approval: reference 0000020064